Shaping of the lips – correction of their contour, enlargement of the volume – has become one of the most popular appearance improvement methods now. The treatment may be performed irrespective of the patient’s age. In the case of young women, but also men, correction usually concerns underdeveloped upper or lower lip. At a more mature age, we usually perform corrections of lip contours and changes resulting from the process of lip aging connected with dehydration of the red lips area. The lips are better hydrated, they regain the colour and youthful firmness. As a result of lip volume increase, smaller and bigger wrinkles around the lips disappear, which provides a general rejuvenation effect.
Is this a painful treatment?
As the lips area is very sensitive, we propose anaesthetisation using anaesthetisation cream app. 40 minutes before the treatment or perineural anaesthesia (so-called dental anaesthesia).
When does the effect appear and how long does it last?
After the treatment, the implant is insensible and gives a sensation of naturally enlarged lips. Depending on the preparation used, the effects may last from 6 to 12 months.
The lips shaping treatment does not require any special preparations. It is one of the treatments which may be performed during the lunch break. You should not take aspirin or anti-inflammatory medicines for app. 3 days before the treatment.
On the day of treatment, avoid intensive heating of the body (sauna, tanning bed, sunlight) and intensive physical exercise. Remove the lips makeup directly before the treatment.
The hyaluronic acid preparation is injected by a doctor into the dermis, using a pre-filled syringe and a very thin needle.
For a few hours after the treatment, avoid excessive expressions within the lips area, as well as touching and rubbing of the injection places. For approximately 3 days, avoid excessive exposure to the sunlight and heat (tanning bed, sunlight, sauna).
All these recommendations are aimed at achieving the best possible effect.
Contraindications and adverse effects
- Women during pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- Areas with inflammatory skin problems and/or infections (acne, herpes...);
- Tendency to develop hypertrophic scars (keloids), immune system diseases, immunotherapy, hypersensitivity to hyaluronic acid;
- Inflammatory reactions may appear after the injection, i.e. swelling, redness, erythema. A small haematoma may develop as well. All these symptoms disappear spontaneously within a few days.
- Increased volume of the red lip,
- Shaping of the lip contour,
- Filling of fine wrinkles around the lips.