The treatment involves precise application of high frequency waves to areas responsible for development of snoring, in order to create scars in the soft palate, harden it and enlarge the isthmus of the fauces, i.e. shorten the uvula, cut the palatal arcs or possibly reduce the tonsils.
This is the mildest method involving lesser cellular damage, weaker production of a fibrous scar and minimum post-surgery ailments. Advantages of the treatment:
- REMOVAL OF THE REASON OF SNORING
- TREATMENT WITHOUT THE USE OF A SCALPEL
- PAINLESS AND QUICK
- PERFORMED IN OUTPATIENT CLINIC CONDITIONS
- NO REDUCTION OF DAILY ACTIVITY
- HIGHLY EFFECTIVE
The methods used in the treatment of snoring so far were very expensive and caused unacceptable pain lasting for several days after the treatment. It was only the application of radio waves with the frequency of 3,8 MHz, generated by the ELLMAN SURGITRON device manufactured by Ellman Int. Inc., that allowed submucous plastics of the soft palate and uvula with minimum pain syndrome and short healing period.
Is this a painful treatment?
This is a little invasive treatment, performed in local anaesthesia, in outpatient clinic conditions. After application of anaesthetising aerosol to the soft palate and the uvula, this area is anaesthetised locally with a minimum quantity of the anaesthetic, followed by application of radio waves to the uvula and soft palate area using a special electrode.
The treatment is not painful and it does not cause overheating of tissues.
The treatment is preceded with a laryngological consultation, in order to qualify the patient for the treatment.
The procedure takes up to 40 minutes. Immediately after the treatment, the patient may return home.
In extremely difficult cases, the treatment may need to be repeated.
Pre-treatment recommendations are as follows:
- Refrain from eating and drinking for 6 hours before the treatment
- Take your regular medicines
- For 2 weeks before the treatment, avoid:
- anti-coagulative medicines (Acard, Aspirin, medicines containing salicylic acid, medicines used in case of flu or fever)
- anti-inflammatory medicines (Ibuprom, Ketonal, Naproxen, Diclofenac)
On the date of the treatment, driving a car or operation of mechanical equipment is not recommended.
Laryngological follow-up visit is recommended 7 and 14 days after the treatment.
- avoid physical effort
- avoid staying with your head bent down over prolonged periods, for 14 days
- avoid spicy, sour, very hot or very cold foods
- drink 2 litres or liquids per day for app. 14 days
- return to taking your anti-coagulative medicines is possible 14 days after the treatment
Contraindications and adverse effects
- pregnancy (pregnancy test before the treatment is recommended)
- menstruation and period right before menstruation
- active infection (e.g. tooth illness, cold, herpes)
Painfulness and swelling of treated tissues may develop after the procedure.