The DERMAPEN® device from EQUIPMED allows administration of active substances into the skin by automatic punching of the skin with pulsating needles. Treatments performed with DERMAPEN® are much more comfortable to the patient, whereas precision of the device is significantly greater than in the case of traditional methods used in mesotherapy, which lets doctors and patients worldwide enjoy therapy results without undesirable side effects.
- stimulation of collagen and elastin production;
- stimulation of fibroblasts by platelet origin growth factors;
- improved skin density and elasticity.
Advantages of DERMAPEN®:
- short treatment time;
- automatic injection depth control;
- lesser pain and greater comfort of treatment to the patient;
- shorter convalescence;
- sterile treatment (replaceable needles)
Is this a painful treatment?
Applied in DERMAPEN®, the function of automatic skin punching increases treatment efficiency thanks to better penetration of active substances into the skin, while minimising patients’ pain and discomfort.
You may experience painfulness in the treated area. The frequency and intensity of discomfort will successively decrease day after day.
Immediately after the treatment, you may experience a slight itching and short-term burning sensation. Reddening and swelling of the treated area may be visible for a few days after the treatment. The skin will be slightly painful and tender. This is a normal reaction of the body to the treatment, it does not require special care and will disappear on its own.
As after any treatment involving punching of the skin, development of hematomas is possible.
When does the effect appear and how long does it last?
Effects usually become visible after the second or third treatment in the series, although in some persons they are visible already after the first treatment. The full effect will stabilise within one month after the last treatment of the series.
Reaction of the body to the treatment is varied and individual.
The treatment will take approximately half an hour. It involves special micro-punches, which stimulate the skin to regenerate. The treatment is performed using a disposable head with 12 sterile titanium micro-needles, as thin as a hair. At the same time, moisturising, nourishing and skin tensioning preparations are administered during the treatment.
The treatment performed using DERMAPEN® considerably reduces the time of recovery and the patients’ return to their daily activities. Precisely adjusted injection depth (from 0.5 mm to 2.5 mm) allows full control of the treatment performed – in contrast to dermarollers and mesotherapy performed with a syringe and a needle, with the so-called nappage technique.
- After the treatment, the patient may return to normal daily activity.
- Application of special post-treatment cosmetics on the treated areas is recommended in order to reduce swelling after the treatment.Completely avoid exposure to the sunshine and tanning beds for 6 weeks after the treatment.
Contraindications and adverse effects
- Neoplastic diseases;
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- Active herpes;
- Active acne.
- Small, shallow wrinkles;
- Stretch marks;
- Acne, surgery and burn scars;
- Atonic skin;
- Rejuvenation of hands;
- Support to hair loss therapy